Early Stage Researcher at the Helmholtz Zentrum München (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
Open Space, 2nd, Building 56
Telefon: +49 89 3187-48731
The nutritional and lifestyle determinants of chronic diseases;
Effect of the built environment on the health and well-being;
Novel biomarkers as risk factors for chronic kidney disease and hypertension.
Prof. Dr. Barbara Thorand
Prof. Dr. Annette Peters
Prof. Dr. Christian Müller
11/2020 - present:
Ph.D. candidate in Medical Research: Epidemiology & Public Health, LMU Munich, Germany
09/2016 - 06/2019:
Master of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
09/2011 - 06/2016:
Bachelor of Preventive Medicine, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
08/2019 – 08/2020:
Research Assistant, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
1. Lin JS, Chan FY, Leung J, Yu B, Lu ZH, Woo J, Kwok T, Lau KK. Longitudinal association of built environment pattern with DXA-derived body fat in elderly Hong Kong Chinese: a latent profile analysis. Int J Obes, 2021, 45: 2629–2637.
2. Lin JS, Leung J, Yu B, Lu ZH, Woo J, Kwok T, Lau KK. Association of green space with bone mineral density change and incident fracture in elderly Hong Kong Chinese: Mr. OS and Ms. OS study. Environ Res, 2021:201:111547.
3. Lin JS, Leung J, Yu B, Lu ZH, Woo J, Kwok T, Lau KK. Socioeconomic status as an effect modifier of the association between built environment and mortality in elderly Hong Kong Chinese: A latent profile analysis. Environ Res, 2021:195, 110830.
4. Nano J, Schöttker B, Lin JS, et al. Novel biomarkers of inflammation, kidney function and chronic kidney disease in the general population. Nephrol Dial Transplant, 2021.
5. Wang X, Li Q, Pang J, Lin JS, et al. Associations between serum total, free and bioavailable testosterone and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in community-dwelling middle-aged and elderly women. Diabetes Metab, 2021, 47(3): 101199.
6. Miao ZL*, Lin JS*, Mao YY*, et al. Erythrocyte n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, gut microbiota and incident type 2 diabetes: a prospective cohort study. Diabetes Care, 2020, 43(10): 2435-2443. (*co-first authors)
7. Lin JS, Chan FY, Leung J, Yu B, Lu ZH, Woo J, Kwok T, Lau KK. Longitudinal association of built environment pattern with physical activity in a community-based cohort of elderly Hong Kong Chinese: A latent profile analysis. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 2020, 17(12): 4275.
8. Lin JS, Dong HL, Chen GD, Chen ZY, Dong XW, Zheng JS, Chen YM. Erythrocyte Saturated Fatty Acids and Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chinese Men and Women: A Prospective Cohort Study. Nutrients, 2018, 10(10): 1393.
9. Zheng JS*, Lin JS*, Dong HL, Zeng FF, Li D, Song Y, Chen YM. Association of erythrocyte n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids with incident type 2 diabetes in a Chinese population. Clin Nutr, 2019, 38(5): 2195-2201. (*co-first authors)
10. Xiao ML*, Lin JS*, Li YH, Liu M, Deng YY, Wang CY, Chen YM. Adherence to the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet is associated with lower presence of non-alcoholic fatty-liver disease in middle-aged and elderly adults. Public Health Nutrition, 2020, 23(4): 674-682. (*co-first authors)
11. Huang L, Lin JS, Aris IM, Yang G, Chen WQ, Li LJ. Circulating Saturated Fatty Acids and Incident Type 2 Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Nutrients, 2019, 11(5): 998.
12. Jing LP, Xiao ML, Dong HL, Lin JS, Chen GD, Ling WH, Chen YM. Serum Carotenoids Are Inversely Associated with RBP4 and Other Inflammatory Markers in Middle-Aged and Elderly Adults. Nutrients, 2018, 10(3): 260.
13. Cao WT, Zeng FF, Li BL, Lin JS, Liang YY, Chen YM. Higher dietary carotenoid intake associated with lower risk of hip fracture in middle-aged and elderly Chinese: A matched case-control study. Bone, 2018, 111: 116-22.
14. Zeng FF, Chen ZY, Zheng JS, Lin JS, Li YH, Qiu R, Wang C, Sun LL, Chen YM. Association between erythrocyte fatty acids in de novo lipogenesis pathway and DXA-derived body fat and trunk fat distribution in Chinese adults: a prospective study. Eur J Nutr, 2019, 58(8): 3229-3239.
15. Wang X, Chen X, Zhang H, Pang J, Lin JS, Xu X, Yang L, Ma J, Ling WH, Chen YM. Circulating retinol-binding protein 4 is associated with the development and regression of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Diabetes Metab, 2020, 46(2): 119-128.
16. Ding D, Li YH, Xiao ML, Dong HL, Lin JS, Chen GD, Chen ZY, Tang XY, Chen YM. Erythrocyte Membrane Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Are Associated with Incidence of Metabolic Syndrome in Middle-Aged and Elderly People—An 8.8-Year Prospective Study. J Nutr, 2020, 150(6): 1488-1498.
17. Wang X, Xie JW, Pang J, Zhang H, Chen X, Lin JS et al. Serum SHBG is associated with the development and regression of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a prospective study. J Clin Endocr Metab, 2020, 105(3): e791-e804.
18. Xiao ML, Chen GD, Zeng FF, Qiu R, Shi WQ, Lin JS, Cao Y, Li HB, Ling WH, Chen YM. Higher serum carotenoids associated with improvement of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in adults: a prospective study. Eur J Nutr, 2019, 58(2): 721-730.
19. Gou W, Ling CW, He Y, Jiang Z, Fu Y, Xu F, Miao Z, Sun TY, Lin JS, Zhu HL, Zhou H, Chen YM, Zheng JS. Interpretable Machine Learning Framework Reveals Robust Gut Microbiome Features Associated With Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care, 2021, 44(2): 358-366.