Supplementary files - Boulesteix, Hable, Lauer and Eugster (2013)
A Statistical Framework for Hypothesis Testing in Real Data Comparison Studies
by Anne-Laure Boulesteix, Robert Hable, Sabine Lauer, Manuel Eugster
Contact: Anne-Laure Boulesteix
Supplementary files dowload:
- The data sets considered in our paper and in Feres de Souza et al (2010), that were kindly forwarded to us by Bruno Feres de Souza: datasets1.zip (84MB), datasets2.zip (49MB), datasets3.zip (41MB), datasets4.zip (31MB).
- The reproducibility files (reproducibility.zip) to reproduce all our analyses including the Rnw file paper.Rnw (combined Tex and R code) and the results of computer intensive analyses as RData objects MCCV_data.RData and MCCV_matrix.RData.
Instructions to reproduce the results presented in the paper:
- If you just want to reproduce the figures based on the R-objects MCCV_data.RData and MCCV_matrix.RData:
Download and unzip the ZIP-file reproducibility.zip.
Start R and set the working directory to the directory you have just unzipped (containing the files MCCV_data.RData, MCCV_matrix.RData, power_paper.Rnw, etc).
In R enter the command Sweave("power_paper.Rnw") that produces a TeX-file named 'power_paper.tex'.Compile the TeX-file to a pdf file.
- If you want to reproduce the whole analysis, i.e. produce the R-objects MCCV_data.RData and MCCV_matrix.RData yourself:
- Download and unzip the files datasets1.zip,...,datasets4.zip.
- Download and unzip the file reproducibility.zip.
- In the resulting directory 'reproducibility', there is an empty directory called 'data_txt'. Cut and paste all the data txt files from the directories datasets1,...,datasets4 into this empty directory data_txt.
- Start R and set the working directory to the directory 'reproducibility' (that contains the files MCCV_data.RData, MCCV_matrix.RData, power_paper.Rnw, etc).
- Run the R-code from the file 'analysis.r' to generate the R-objects MCCV_data.RData and MCCV_matrix.RData. It will take several hours to compute using a standard PC. Note that during this process the data txt files are imported in R and saved as R-objects in the empty directory 'data_R'.
- In R enter the command Sweave("power_paper.Rnw") that produces a TeX-file named 'power_paper.tex'.Compile the TeX-file to a pdf file.
- datasets1 (86 MByte)
- datasets2 (50 MByte)
- datasets3 (42 MByte)
- datasets4 (31 MByte)
- reproducibility (53 KByte)