PoiSe - Prävention, online-Feedback und interdisziplinäre Therapie akuter Schwindelerkrankungen mittels e-Health
Funded by: Innovationsfonds des Gemeinsamen Bundesausschuss
Period: 2020 - 2023
- German Center for Vertigo and Balance Disorders,
- Dr. F. Filippopulos (Project Leader), Prof. Dr. D. Huppert (Deputy Head), Prof. Dr. T. Brandt, Prof. Dr. E. Grill
In Cooperation with:
- AOK Bayern – Die Gesundheitskasse,
- Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Bayerns
- Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Vertigo and dizziness are amongst the most common symptoms in medicine and often lead to a severe disability of daily life activities. Although many causes for vertigo and dizziness can easily be recognized, patients often receive an inappropriate and ineffective treatment, which in turn can lead to long periods of disability or even to a somatization disorder.
The reasons for this are various. Because vertigo/dizziness is an interdisciplinary symptom it is easy to lose the overview of the possible differential diagnoses. Further the interdisciplinary cooperation between different medical specialities is low and there is a lack of standardised diagnostic tools and treatment options.
There is evidence though, that the guidance of patients with vertigo/dizziness can be improved with digital disease management pathways.
For further information we refer to the following sites: